Sunday, February 1, 2015

The first Drs appointment

We went to the oncologist to find out the results of her ct scans and blood work.  My mom and dad went back with the dr first to the the news before letting us girls go and hear the news, good or bad.   The Dr. smiled and told us mom has stage 4 lung cancer.  It was in her liver, lymph nodes and lung.  Her chances of survival were 4 in 100.  As the Dr. gave us the news she had an affect that was different from her information. She was smiling and pleasant.  My mom kept telling us it was ok, that we would be alright.
We all walked out while mom was making her next appointment and just hugged each other and cried.  The Dr. had given use a death sentence for my mother.  There is no explaining the shock of hearing your mother in going to die in the next year or so.
The drive home was quiet and somber, each of us lost in our thoughts.  I thought, fuck this, I'm not losing my mom this easy. There has got to be something we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment